Saturday, December 13, 2008

When I was 17.......

At different stages of life, our body takes on different characteristics. No matter how healthy, muscular or thin one might be, at 50 our boobs are a bit lower. I am sure I was not wearing a bra in that circa 1974 photograph. I can't remember if I even owned one then...... Our waists are wider, and well,... we don't need to carry on this line of thought any further...... On the other side of the coin, I don't think that there is a one of us who does not visualize ourselves as we were at 17. Just like the music we listened to, the clothes we wore and how we looked at that very transitional age sticks with us throughout our lives. That can be frustrating since our mind sees our body and how the clothes we wear as they were or might have looked in that fertile, prenuptial stage of life. When we put on the garment and look in the mirror, it cannot look the same as our visualization. I say to hell with respectful attire, sometimes, it is a good idea to let your visualization survive. See yourself as you were at 17. If you feel that way, it is how you will look, and avoid looking at yourself in the windows as you skip down the street. If you don't see yourself other than in your mind's eye, you are 17 still.....

No comments:

Post a Comment